Chemical testing laboratories are located at the following GOEIC branches:
Dekheila, The Airport, Port Said, Damietta, Al Adabiya, Aswan and Safaga)
Chemical testing laboratories in each of the seven GOEIC branches are divided as follows:
1- Food chemistry laboratories
2- Industrial chemistry laboratories
First: Food chemistry laboratories
- PH Meter, Balance, Oven.
- Sox Tec, Homogenizer, Gerber Centrifuge.
- Polarimeter, Turbidity Meter.
- Specific Gravity Meter.
Areas of Testing and Inspection:
- The laboratory detects the quality of foods and conformity of its natural and chemical properties with local and international specifications by estimating the protein, refractive index, boiling point, histamine, and totally-dissolved solids in juices and others.
- Inspection of meat and fish of all kinds (refrigerated, frozen and canned)
- Inspection of flavored tobacco (estimation of mixing rate)
- Inspection of dairy and its products, as well as the inspection of all food products of all kinds.
In addition to the aforementioned, the laboratory performs the following tests:
(Estimation of moisture, ashes of all kinds, total volatile protein rate, thiobarbituric acid, fibers rate, fats rate, peroxides; saponification test and estimation of carbohydrates of all kinds).
Tests performed by food chemistry laboratories (Certified):
- Estimation of nitrogen and protein
- Estimation of histamine rate in marine products
- Estimation of dissolved solids in juices and beverages
- Estimation of phosphor percentage in canned meat
- Estimation of moisture percentage in honey
- Estimation of hydroxymethylfurfural percentage in honey
- Estimation of absorption degree in cooking oils
Second: Industrial chemistry laboratories:
Industrial chemistry laboratories include the following laboratories:
- Polymers and plastics inspection laboratory
- Fertilizers and chemicals inspection laboratory
- Industrial detergents and soap inspection laboratory
- Ceramic inspection laboratory
- Ceramic, glass and crystal tableware inspection laboratory
- Wood inspection laboratory
- Cardboard and paper inspection laboratory
Areas of Testing and Inspection:
- Inspection of glasses, frames and medical lenses; inspection of sandpaper of all kinds; inspection of soap, detergents of all kinds and disinfectants; inspection of cooking utensils of all kinds; inspection of thermoplastic; inspection of pens of all kinds; inspection of crystals; inspection of glass cups, porcelain and chinaware; inspection of sanitary diapers of all kinds (children and adults), napkins of all kinds and women sanitary pads; fertilizers; cement; adhesives and glue.
- Inspection of paper and cardboard where paper quality is inspected such as estimation of blast resistance in paper and cardboard; estimation of density in paper and cardboard; estimation of moisture in paper and cardboard and estimation of thickness of paper and cardboard
- Such inspections are performed by conducting the following tests:(ash estimation, elongation and tensile strength, moisture, thickness, hardness and roughness, fibers, combustion rate, pH strength, paper weight, transparency estimation, estimation of blast strength of paper and cardboard and estimation of opacity degree).
- Inspection of inks, paints and polymers of all kinds. Tests are carried out on samples that are used in manufacturing of various packages and covers for food industries and agricultural crops.
- The laboratory has the potential to develop training courses on food chemistry and industrial chemistry
Publish Date 24/08/2017 10:47 AM
Last Update 22/10/2017 09:42 AM