This service applies to importers who have adjusted their status according to Law 7 /2017 and whose card is valid to recover the insurance previously paid in accordance with Law 121 /1982 and its value is three thousand pounds.
Place of service
Conditions for refunding the old insurance for valid cards and required documents
- Reconciliation of situations and payment of insurance in accordance with Law 7/2017
- There are no open consignments in process
- That the tax card is not prohibited
- That the insurance has not been previously recovered
- There is no legal obstacle for insurance recovery
Documents required to retrieve the old insurance for valid cards
- The original form of “Request for Refund of Old Insurance for Valid Cards” signed by the person concerned or who has the right to manage and sign according to the latest commercial record on file with the signature in front of the competent employee or the authenticity of a signature from the bank.
- The original “Declaration of Insurance Recovery of the Valid Card” signed by the person concerned or who has the right to manage and sign according to the last commercial record on file with the signature in front of the competent employee or the authenticity of a signature from the bank.
- A copy of the national ID card or passport of the owner of the facility, or who has the right to manage, sign and the original for viewing
- An original letter from the bank with the account number to which the insurance will be transferred, provided that it is a bank approved by the electronic payment system of the Ministry of Finance with the same name and commercial name issued in its name, the insurance in the file.
- A copy of the receipt for collecting the amount of insurance required to be recovered (if existed)
If the applicant is an agent, he has to submit:
- A copy of a notarized authorized from the real estate registry and the original for perusal for the purpose of recovering the insurance (even a second agent is accepted only)
- A copy of the national ID card or passport of the agent and the original for viewing
- Acknowledgment of the validity of the authorized signed by the agent (if the applicant for cancellation is an agent)
Actions taken to recover insurance for valid cards
- Book an appointment through Goeic’s website (in case the application is submitted with a favor - October - the office of the Investors Services Complex in the General Investment Authority only)
Please see the instructions for use when booking the appointment
- Submit the required documents.
- Ensure that there are no messages under process or a ban on the transaction number.
- Reviewing the file to ensure that there is no legal obstacle to the refund and to ensure that the insurance has not been previously refunded.
- Preparing the insurance recovery file.
- Send the insurance refund request and the attachments to the Financial Affairs for review.
- Financial and technical review of the application and attachments
- Completing the financial cycle to recover the insurance and transfer the amount to the client's account.
- Obtaining document forms from Goeic’s website only
- To find out the steps for booking an appointment through Goeic's website, please enter the following link
- A resource development stamp is presented of 2 pounds + a stamp of 1 pound on copy of the authorized.
- Only a second agent is accepted and does not accept dealing with authorization in the importers registry
- If the person concerned or who has the right to manage and sign outside the country and delegate his legal representative to submit an application for obtaining the service at the authority, the authorized issued by a foreign authority must be certified by the Egyptian embassy or consulate abroad and deposited in the real estate registry in Egypt.
- The presence of open consignments under the procedures that prevents the recovery of the insurance for not completing the procedures of any customs certificate (issued or incoming) previously, for which the conformity has not been received or the notification of rejection has been received on the system.
- Procedures for ending consignments are in process
- The importer/exporter must complete the consignment’s procedures at Goeic's concerned branch (in the port where the shipment is issued/issued) by receiving the conformity or notification of rejection, or submitting a statement indicating the completion of the pending consignment procedures for technical support at the airport’s main headquarters.
- Consignments under procedure are automatically uploaded once their procedures are completed.
- You can go to the authority’s branch to Marouf to proceed with the procedures for recovering the insurance.
- The tax card may be prohibited due to a violation of Article 86 or Article 96 of Regulation 770/2005, which prevents the recovery of insurance until the reasons for the ban are removed and the ban is lifted.
- Legal obstacle that may prevent insurance recovery
- If it is proven in the file that the facility or company has previously notified GOEIC of any amendment in the registration data in the importers register 60 days after the occurrence of that amendment
- The action taken in the event of a legal impediment, the decision on recovering the insurance is postponed until the public prosecution responds.
- You can call the call center 19591 or visit the customer Service Office at the airport to inquire about
- There are no open consignments in process
- No ban on the transaction number
- In the event that it is proven that the authority has not been notified of any amendment to the registration data in the importers register after 60 days from the occurrence of such amendment, it is possible to inquire about the absence of a legal obstacle preventing the recovery of the insurance
- Ensure that the account number to which the insurance will be transferred is approved by the electronic payment system of the Ministry of Finance
Publish Date 30/01/2022 12:52 PM
Last Update 20/09/2022 11:55 AM